Thanks to this being a remote job, you can work from any location that allows you to work on projects that have the potential to create positive change in the world. full time work can be a good way to try out a new industry or career field without committing long-term. USD 10 - 20 is the amount of money that will be paid to the successful candidate for this job. December 22, 2023 is when the Pre Medical Billing Assistant job posting was announced, and it will be removed on March 21, 2024.
Pre Medical Billing Assistant
The Pre Medical Billing Assistant is a remote position that will work from home and serve as a valuable team member to obtain the Physician’s Certification Statement’s (PCS) for ambulance transports. The Pre Medical Billing Assistant is expected to be knowledgeable of CMS’ requirements for scheduled and unscheduled non-emergency ambulance transports and the criteria necessary for the Physician’s Certification Statements. The Pre Medical Billing Assistant will be expected to communicate in a professional and courteous manner in all verbal and in written communications.
· Provides professional customer service in obtaining Physician’s Certification Statements for non-emergency ambulance transport
· Knowledgeable of CMS’ requirements for non-emergency scheduled and unscheduled ambulance transports
· Makes phone calls, sends faxes, and emails to attending physician and/or referral sources to request and follow up on Physician Certification Statements for non emergency scheduled and unscheduled transports
· Accurately enters detailed notes in patient’s medical record in Rescuenet Dispatch and Billing CAD as well as any follow up attempts to obtain a Physician’s Certification Statement
· Sends Certified Mail request through the USPS for a Physician’s Certification Statements to attending physician’s and/or referral sources when previous request do not resulted in the Physician’s Certification Statement.
· Utilizes the RescueNet Zoll Dispatch and Billing Software to accurately identify thetransports that requires a Physician Certification Statement and follows up in a timely manner
· Request face sheets from referral sources to include patient demographics (including personal and financial information) as needed for billing purposes
· Prepares a excel spreadsheet of outstanding orders for facilities to include patient name, date of service, MRN #, Run #, Pickup, Drop Off, Caller and identify if the PCS was not received or incomplete according to CMS’ guidelines.
· Manages spreadsheet and updates weekly to include adding new requests and deleting the request that have been received.
· Reviews the Physician’s Certification Statement for completes according to CMS’ guidelines.
· Communicates effectively and professionally with all referral sources, the Billing Department, Dispatch, and Operations on outstanding Physician’s Certification Statements
· High School diploma or equivalent
To avoid becoming a victim of job scams and fraud, it's crucial to remember some essential factors when applying for jobs online. If an employer promises to pay you a high salary for a job that requires little or no experience, it may be a scam. To avoid job scams and fraudulent job postings, make sure to research the company before applying for any job. Use common sense when applying for jobs online and avoid any job postings that seem too good to be true. Verify the legitimacy of the employer before sharing personal information. You should always be wary of job postings that only offer interviews via text or email. Be wary of job postings that offer vague or misleading job descriptions or requirements. It's important to protect your personal bank account information from potential scammers who use job postings to gain access to it.
· 1+ year of call center experience desired
· 1+ year of customer service experience (retail, food industry, etc.) required
· Working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word)
· Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and multi-task
· Demonstrates ability to type 35 words per minute
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Bilingual (Spanish) desired
· Experience with ambulance non-emergency billing desired
· Experienced in ambulance call center desired
· Experience with RescueNet Zoll CAD desired
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $16.00 per hour
Expected hours: 32 per week
Work Location: Remote
The job posting is your key to determining if this job is a good fit for you. We are excited to receive applications from individuals who are committed to meeting the requirements and expectations of this job. It is important to us that you carefully assess your qualifications and experience before applying for this job. Remember, accuracy and completeness are the hallmarks of a successful job application – don't sacrifice these qualities in favor of speed. Nonetheless, there are other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that might offer a better work-life balance or flexible schedule.