The employer's non-disclosure of salary means that you can negotiate based on the company's performance-based profit-sharing and bonus programs. The VP, System Chief Medical Officer job listing was made available on December 3, 2023, and it will no longer be accessible after March 1, 2024. BJC HealthCare has immediate openings for full time employees. While this position is currently based in Saint Louis, the company may be open to considering candidates from other locations if they are the right fit. Work experience in the same field for at least 120 months is an obligatory requirement for this job. It is a mandatory requirement for this job opening that you have passed Postgraduate Degree as a minimum qualification.
Additional Information About the Role
VP, System Chief Medical Officer for BJC HealthCare Overview
BJC HealthCare is one of the largest nonprofit health care organizations in the United States, delivering services to residents primarily in the greater St. Louis, southern Illinois and southeast Missouri regions. With net revenues of $5.5 billion and more than 30,000 employees, BJC serves patients and their families in urban, suburban and rural communities through its 15 hospitals and multiple community health locations. Services include inpatient and outpatient care, primary care, community health and wellness, workplace health, home health, community mental health, rehabilitation, long-term care and hospice.
BJC is the largest provider of charity care, unreimbursed care and community benefits in the state of Missouri. BJC and its hospitals and health service organizations provide $785.9 million annually in community benefit. That includes $410.6 million in charity care and other financial assistance to patients to ensure medical care regardless of their ability to pay. In addition, BJC provides additional community benefits through commitments to research, emergency preparedness, regional health care safety net services, health literacy, community outreach and community health programs and regional economic development.
BJC’s patients have access to the latest advances in medical science and technology through a formal affiliation between Barnes-Jewish Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital with the renowned Washington University School of Medicine, which consistently ranks among the top medical schools in the country. Preferred Qualifications Role Purpose
The Chief Medical Officer is the physician administrator accountable for ensuring the quality and effectiveness of clinical care for the BJC system and reshaping the practice to succeed at accountable care and population health management. The System Chief Medical Officer plans, coordinates, and oversees the medical affairs of the BJC system to ensure the quality and effectiveness of clinical care. Works to align medical staff goals with those of the BJC system. Ensures medical staff at each HSO comply with all legal and regulatory requirements. Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively with administrative leadership and medical staff leadership in each HSO to achieve BJC system objectives. Provides physician leadership and takes responsibility for improving quality of patient care provided by the medical staff across BJC. Creates an environment of trust and openness by seeking regular feedback and input. Proactively addresses conflict and process disconnects to identify causes and assists in finding solutions to problems. Advocates for medical staff needs. (CMO Leader)
- Develops programmatic solutions for integrating clinical services (e.g., Expert Councils, Clinical Programs, Clinical Service Lines). Organizes physician/clinical leadership to provide oversight for clinical integration and value-based care improvement activities, including standardizing clinical protocols, coordinating and integrating clinical activities across the enterprise, and rationalizing service offerings. Oversees initiatives to improve patient-centered outcomes and optimize resource/supply chain utilization. Assists in implementing and evaluating programs and initiatives designed to meet BJC system objectives and goals. (Clinical Integration)
- Leads physician development to improve CMO succession depth and physician leadership capability. Develops systems to support medical staff accountability for behavioral and performance standards and expectations. Includes medical staff in discussions of industry trends. Works to align the medical staff with the Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Priorities of BJC. (Physician Leadership Development)
- Works collaboratively across HSO’s to provide medical direction for aggregating, coordinating and standardizing cross-cutting functions, such as, utilization management, clinical documentation improvement, care coordination, and EHR optimization. (Shared Support Systems Medical Direction)
- Works with HSO clinical and operational leadership to standardize, consolidate, and manage medical staff services common across the organization. (Medical Staff Function Management)
Before you proceed with your job search online, make sure to keep in mind these crucial elements to avoid scams and fraudulent job postings. Check the website address and ensure you are on the legitimate liquidscapes.info website to avoid any negative outcomes. Be cautious of job postings that ask for upfront fees or payments, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity. If a job posting asks for your bank account information, it's probably not legitimate. Reach out to the company to verify the job posting's authenticity and ensure that they are hiring. Beware of job listings that require you to pay for access to a database of job leads. If a job posting requests an interview through text or email, it's important to be cautious and verify the company's legitimacy. Be cautious of potential scams by being careful with personal information in job applications. Trust your gut and avoid job postings that seem suspicious or scammy. To ensure a successful job search, always research the company before applying for any job to verify its legitimacy and reputation.
Supervisor Experience Preferred Requirements Education
Benefits and Legal Statement
BJC Total Rewards
At BJC we’re committed to providing you and your family with benefits and resources to help you manage your physical, emotional, social and financial well-being.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vison, life insurance, and legal services available first day of the month after hire date
- Disability insurance* paid for by BJC
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan funded by BJC
- 401(k) plan with BJC match
- Tuition Assistance available on first day
- BJC Institute for Learning and Development
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off benefit combines vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- Adoption assistance
To learn more, go to
*Not all benefits apply to all jobs
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have weighed the potential for job satisfaction and fulfillment within this job opportunity, now is the time to make a decision. Please only apply for this job if you meet all of the requirements and qualifications. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical in job applications, so take the time to ensure that your work is flawless. We encourage individuals who have carefully reviewed this job posting and feel that they are the right fit to apply for this job.