SaraBella Senior Living is currently searching for Caregivers at our beautiful Assisted Living and Memory Care community. Shifts are 7a - 7p and 7p - 7a. No prior experience is necessary - however previous experience is preferred. If you have a passion for working with seniors this may be just the right opportunity for you! Apply today and come join our amazing team of wellness professionals!!
SaraBella Senior Living is hiring for our gorgeous newer Assisted Living and Memory Care community located in Sarasota, FL. At SaraBella we value our amazing team members who provide our residents with high quality care, services and activities. Our team is made up of professionals who truly care for the residents overall wellbeing and work together to ensure that our residents are able to live life to its fullest! Apply today and come see what sets SaraBella apart from the rest!
The Wellness Associate reports to the Wellness Director and the Wellness Manager and provides services and care to each Resident based on the individual Resident Service Plan.
Wellness Associate Procedure:
Compliance and Safety:
- Assists Residents with activities of daily living, including bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, hygiene, and mobility if needed.
- Maintains an awareness of each Resident’s general state of physical and mental health and reports any changes at once to the Wellness Director.
- Keeps an inventory of medical supplies on hand and assists with ordering when necessary.
- Assists with finding shift coverage when unexpected call outs occur.
- Develops and helps maintain assignments for the Wellness Director.
- Assists in orienting and on-boarding of new Wellness Associates.
- Responds to Resident emergencies; provides first-aid and arranges for appropriate medical follow-up.
- Assists Residents in keeping their units clean, neat, and orderly.
- Answers calls for assistance and attends to Resident needs promptly.
- Assists Residents with clothing and laundry needs if instructed to doso.
- Assists Residents with meal selection, service, and feeding as assigned.
- Assists with activity program as assigned.
- Maintains records according to policy.
- Maintains files as needed.
- Participates in a minimum of 6 hours in-service education per year.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Follows all emergency procedures
- Understands all safety policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with Wellness Director and other staff.
- Immediately advises and Wellness Director and/or Wellness Manager of any changes in physical and mental health of Resident.
- Current State Nurse’s Aide registration preferred but NOT REQUIRED.
- Experience and passion in working with seniors.
- Able to perform tasks which may be physically demanding such as pushing, bending, and lifting up to 60 pounds.
- Able to maintain positive working relationships with Residents, their families, peers, and other staff members.
- In good physical and emotional health and free of communicable diseases.
- Physically able to bend and reach.
- Physically able to push and pull and lift up to 60 pounds at times.
- Physically able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Could be required to use a Hoyer Lift.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
- May be required to work extended hours (up to 16 hours per day).
- Subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including HIV,AIDS, and Hepatitis B and C viruses.
- Could be subject to hostile and emotionally upset Residents due to mental status.
- Background, criminal, and drug tests may be required.
- May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
- May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.
- May be video recorded from devices installed by families in residents’ apartments.