If you're looking for a job that allows you to work from home or remotely, full time work might be a good fit for you. To be eligible for this job, you need to have at least 36 months of experience working in the same field. The employer's non-disclosure of salary means that you can negotiate based on the company's performance-based profit-sharing programs. The company has a job opportunity available in St Louis, and is open to considering qualified candidates from other areas. To be eligible for this job opening, it is mandatory to have completed High School. The job vacancy titled St Louis Patient Access Representative was advertised on January 8, 2024, and it will be removed on April 7, 2024.
We're a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals - careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart. Join us and discover why Modern Healthcare Magazine named us in its "Top 100 Places to Work." Overview:
- The Patient Access Representative is often the first point of contact for our patients and therefore must represent Mercy with the highest standard of customer service, compassion and perform all duties in a manner consistent with our mission, values and Mercy service standards.
- The Patient Access Representative will facilitate all components of the patients entrance in to any Mercy facility.
- This may include scheduling, registration, benefit verification, pre-certification and financial clearance including pre-visit collection.
- The Patient Access Representative will be responsible for ensuring that the most accurate patient data is obtained and populated in to the patient record.
- This co-worker must have an exceptional attention to detail and maintain knowledge and competence with insurance carriers, Medicare guidelines as well as federal, state and accreditation agencies.
We Offer Great Benefits:
- Experience and Education Requirements:
- 1-3 years clerical experience and customer service experience preferred.
- Experience with medical terminology and insurance plans preferred.
- High School diploma required some college helpful.
- Minimum skills, knowledge and ability requirements:
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, excellent telephone etiquette required.
- Ability to establish and maintainpositive working relationships with patients, physicians, clinical and non-clinical hospital staff and insurance companies.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to work under stress, meet deadlines and perform all daily assignments with a high level of accuracy.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with various computers systems; Ability to use a 10-key calculator and computer keyboard.
Before submitting any job application online, make sure to remember these crucial elements to avoid job scams. Always be cautious of job postings that ask for payment for training or other expenses. Don't be swayed by job postings that use fake or fabricated company names or logos, as they may not actually exist within the industry. Reach out to the employer to confirm that the job posting is real and that they are hiring for the position. Be cautious of job postings that ask you to use your personal bank account for any transactions related to the job. Beware of job postings that request personal information via text message or email. Researching the company before applying for any job is essential to ensure that it's a legitimate and reputable organization. Be careful with personal information, especially when applying for jobs on social media. Before proceeding, ensure that you are on the official liquidscapes.info website. Remember that your safety and privacy should always be a top priority when job hunting online.
Day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds are just a few of the great benefits offered to eligible co-workers, including those working 32 hours or more per pay period! We're bringing to life a healing ministry through compassionate care.
At Mercy, our supportive community will be behind you every step of your day, especially the tough ones. You will have opportunities to pioneer new models of care and transform the health care experience through advanced technology and innovative procedures. We're expanding to help our communities grow. Join us and be a part of it all. What Makes You a Good Match for Mercy?
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We're also collaborative and unafraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care - that's just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
patient access, admitting, customer service, front desk, clerical, pre-auth, authorizations, billing
Mercy has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
To make an informed decision about the job, read the job posting carefully and evaluate your skills and experience. Remember, accuracy and completeness are the hallmarks of a successful job application – don't sacrifice these qualities in favor of speed. Please only apply for this job if you are confident that you meet all of the qualifications and requirements.