The job you applied for offers $10 - 20 as the salary for the selected candidate. This job is located in Syracuse, but the company is open to the possibility of remote work for the right candidate. For this job, it is necessary that you have passed High School. When applying for full time positions with Syracuse University, ensure that the company culture and values align with your personal and professional beliefs. September 15, 2023 is when the Temporary Gameday Ticket Representative job opportunity was released, and it will be closed on December 14, 2023. The job location is Syracuse, NY, 36582.
040113 Department Code
Dome Operations Job Title
Temporary Gameday Ticket Representative Location
Syracuse, NY Pay Range
$16.00 per hour Pay Determination
Pay rates at Syracuse University are based on a combination of factors including, but not limited to, the job responsibilities; the candidate’s education, training, work experience and key competencies; the university’s strategic priorities; internal peer equity; applicable federal, state, local laws, grant funding and contractual requisites; and external market analyses. Staff Level
00 FLSA Status
This is a seasonal part-time temporary position.
Work schedules are based on event activity and could vary from 0 – 20 hours per week.
Hours may vary based on operational needs.
Must work at least four (4) shifts per month Job Type
Syracuse, NY Unionized Position Code
Not Applicable Job Description
The Dome Ticket Office is seeking applicants for Gameday ticket representatives sellers who have interest and/or knowledge of our events with the ability to represent the Dome in a positive manner. Applicants must be reliable and available to work shifts prior to a major holiday as well as (on some occasions) on major holidays, evenings, weekends, enjoy working with the public and have reliable availability. Qualifications
- Previous retail/customer service experience
- Previous cash handling experience preferred
There are several things you need to keep in mind when applying for jobs online to avoid fraudulent job postings and scams. Be cautious about sharing sensitive information with potential employers to protect yourself from fraud and identity theft. Watch out for job postings that ask for payment before you can start working. Keep an eye out for job postings that use generic or vague job descriptions, as these may be signs of a fraudulent job posting. Researching the company before applying for any job is a crucial step in the job search process to ensure that it's a legitimate and reliable organization. A reputable employer will not conduct interviews solely via text or email, so it's important to be cautious if this is the case. If you're asked to sign up for a paid training program or buy expensive materials, research the company thoroughly before making any payments. If a job posting has a lot of spelling and grammatical errors, that's a major red flag. It is important to reach out to the organization directly to ensure that the job posting is not a scam and that they are currently hiring.
Job Specific Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance wearing the required issued uniform
- Must show commitment and willingness to provide excellent customer service
- Must have an understanding of mobile ticketing, the Cuse Athletics mobile App, and the Ticketmaster mobile app.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work with others as well as independently
- Gameday Ticket Representatives will use a computerized ticketing system for walk-up ticket sales on event day, accurately handle cash and credit card charges, provide a high level of customer service and tactfully resolve ticketing difficulties with season ticket holders, students, faculty/staff and the general public. Gameday Ticket Representatives will also be responsible for assisting guests with accessing, transferring, and accepting tickets via mobile ticketing prior to entering the Dome.
- Work irregular shifts hours, weekends, student holiday break periods (November & December), occasional holidays, and evenings will be required
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The essential functions of this position are performed inside and outside the various locations of the Dome and the outdoor Lampe Athletic Complex at Manley Field House. The noise level in the work environments can range from minimal toloud during events, depending on the incumbents location.
- *Shuttle service available for employees
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Physical activities include, but are not limited to bending, stooping, lifting, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis.
- PPE will be provided and required to wear.
- The specifics will be based on job duties.
In addition to completing an online application, please attach a resume and cover letter. About Syracuse University
Syracuse University is a private, international research university with distinctive academics, diversely unique offerings and an undeniable spirit. Located in the geographic heart of New York State, with a global footprint, and nearly 150 years of history, Syracuse University offers a quintessential college experience.
The scope of Syracuse University is a testament to its strengths: a pioneering history dating back to 1870; a choice of more than 200 majors and 100 minors offered through 13 schools and colleges; nearly 15,000 undergraduates and 5,000 graduate students; more than a quarter of a million alumni in 160 countries; and a student population from all 50 U.S. states and 123 countries. For more information, please visit www.syracuse.edu. About the Syracuse area
Syracuse is a medium-sized city situated in the geographic center of New York State approximately 250 miles northwest of New York City. The metro-area population totals approximately 500,000. The area offers a low cost of living and provides many social, cultural, and recreational options, including parks, museums, festivals, professional regional theater, and premier shopping venues. Syracuse and Central New York present a wide range of seasonal recreation and attractions ranging from water skiing and snow skiing, hiking in the Adirondacks, touring the historic sites, visiting wineries along the Finger Lakes, and biking on trails along the Erie Canal. EEO Statement
Syracuse University is an equal-opportunity, affirmative-action institution. The University prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law to the extent prohibited by law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in University programs, services, and activities. Commitment to Supporting and Hiring Veterans
Syracuse University has a long history of engaging veterans and the military-connected community through its educational programs, community outreach, and employment programs. After World War II, Syracuse University welcomed more than 10,000 returning veterans to our campus, and those veterans literally transformed Syracuse University into the national research institution it is today. The University’s contemporary commitment to veterans builds on this historical legacy, and extends to both class-leading initiatives focused on making an SU degree accessible and affordable to the post-9/11 generation of veterans, and also programs designed to position Syracuse University as the employer of choice for military veterans, members of the Guard and Reserve, and military family members. Commitment to a Diverse and Inclusive Campus Community
Syracuse University maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview. The University community recognizes and values the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. At Syracuse, we are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. To do so, we commit ourselves to promoting a community that celebrates and models the principles of diversity and inclusivity.
Without careful review of the job posting, your decision may be uninformed. If you have any doubts about your ability to fulfill the responsibilities, please take the time to evaluate before submitting an application. Don't let the desire to submit your application quickly compromise the quality of your work – take the time to do it right. If you are confident in your ability to meet the expectations of this job, we encourage you to apply. Moreover, if this job vacancy isn't suitable, you might want to explore other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info.