Although the position is based in Tarrytown, the company is open to accepting applicants from other parts of the country who meet the specified qualifications. HEI Hotels & Resorts has full time jobs with a friendly work environment. If you are offered this job, your salary will be $20 - 23. A minimum requirement for this job vacancy is having passed High School. December 7, 2023 marked the beginning of the job opportunity for the Front Desk Agent role, which will close on March 6, 2024.
Assist guests with arrival and departure from hotel, while providing positive guests experiences. Responsibilities
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote HEI Hotels and Resorts and brand marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide welcome folders containing room keys, certificates, coupons and refreshment center keys as appropriate.
- Verify and imprint credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers, traveler's checks, and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc.
- Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- 3pm to 11:30pm shift, which may vary based on business demands.
Before submitting any job application online, remember to keep in mind these vital tips to avoid falling victim to fraudulent job postings. Protect yourself from identity theft by being careful with personal information in job applications. Be cautious of job postings that offer high pay for minimal work, as they may be too good to be true. Listen to your inner voice and avoid any job postings that give you a bad feeling. Job interviews conducted solely via email or text message can be a warning sign of a scam. Researching the company before applying for any job is necessary to ensure that it's a place where you can be happy and fulfilled in your career. Never give out your personal information or pay for a job opportunity that promises quick cash. Don't be swayed by job postings that use urgency or pressure to get you to apply quickly, as they are often scams or fraudulent opportunities. Confirm that the job posting is genuine and the company is hiring by contacting them and asking for details. Stay safe by confirming that you are on the authentic liquidscapes.info website.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, and college degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed. Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. Specific details and eligibility of these programs vary by location and employment status.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
It's important to read through this job opening with attention to detail. Have you done so? If you are excited about this job opportunity and feel that you meet the expectations, please submit your application. If you have any reservations about this job posting, please take the time to evaluate them before submitting an application. Don't let the pressure to submit your application quickly lead to sloppy work – take the time to ensure that your application is well-crafted and thorough.