This job requires you to have 18 months of experience in the same field. Although the vacancy is in Tucson, the company may accept applicants from anywhere who meet the requirements listed. The job vacancy titled CT Technologist Banner University Medical Center Tucson was advertised on December 4, 2023, and it will be removed on March 2, 2024. If you're interested in working for Banner Health, take a moment to think about whether the job type, such as part time, suits your needs. Since the employer does not disclose the salary, you may negotiate based on the company's management structure and leadership style.
Primary City/State: Tucson, Arizona
Department Name: Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Work Shift: Day
Job Category: Clinical Care
Banner Health has been recognized by Becker's Healthcare as one of the 150 top places to work in health care. In addition, we recently made Newsweek's list of America's Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity.
These recognitions reflect Banner Health's investment in team members' professional development, wellness benefits, and continued education. It highlights our commitment to advocating for diversity in the workplace, promoting work-life balance, and boosting employee engagement.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
- Competitive wages
- Paid orientation
- Flexible Schedules (select positions)
- Fewer Shifts Cancelled
- Weekly pay
- 403(b) Pre-tax retirement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee wellness program
- Discount Entertainment tickets
- Restaurant/Shopping discounts
- Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Tucson is set in a Sonoran Desert valley surrounded by five mountain ranges. Boasting an average 350 sunny days a year and warm dry air, the climate is ideal for year-round outdoor recreation. Tucson offers one-of-a-kind experiences for those interested in outdoor adventure and nature, heritage and culture, arts and attractions, golf and original Southwest-inspired dining.
As a CT Technologist, there will be exciting opportunities to be a part of the health care transformation. Banner University Medical Imaging offers cutting edge medicine in combination with the most advanced imaging technologies currently available. Located in the beautiful, new Tower 1 at Banner University Medical Center as well as other locations throughout Tucson, our state-of-the-art Imaging Department provides unparalleled imaging services to a distinctly unique class of patients.
Schedule: As needed to cover PTO and call outs
When working Night/ evenings past 7pm you would be eligible for an 18% shift differential. Flat rate of $3 weekend differential when applicable.
Equipment: 3 Siemens scanners and 1 GE with PACS system being Synapse. POSITION SUMMARY
This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population. CORE FUNCTIONS
1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
Don't let yourself become a victim of job scams when applying for jobs online; remember to keep these essential elements in mind. Always take the time to research the company's leadership and management to ensure that it's a well-run and respected organization. Legitimate employers will not ask you to pay for a physical or medical exam before being hired. Use your common sense and trust your instincts when reviewing job postings and responding to potential employers. Be cautious when sharing personal information with staffing agencies or temporary employment firms, as they may share your data with multiple clients. Don't trust job postings that promise quick and easy money without any qualifications or experience required. If you're unsure whether the job posting is legitimate or not, it's best to call the company to confirm it. Double-check that you're browsing the real liquidscapes.info site to avoid any potential harm. Job interviews conducted solely via email or text message can be a warning sign of a scam. Keep an eye out for job postings that require you to sign up for a free trial or subscription before being considered for a job, as these are often signs of a fraudulent opportunity.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
National Certification required from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT(R) or ARRT(NM or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB (CNMT .
State Licensure required for AZ, WY, NV; includes Radiography or Nuclear Medicine and CT license prior to hire (not required in Colorado).
Advanced Certification in Computed Tomography required within 18 months of hire from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT(CT) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board - NMTCB (CT).
Certification for BLS is required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with two years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
It's important to ensure that this job listing aligns with your values and aligns with your long-term career aspirations. Have you considered this before making a decision? Don't let the pressure to submit your application quickly compromise the quality of your work. If you have any doubts about your ability to fulfill the responsibilities, please take the time to evaluate before submitting an application. If you are excited about this job opportunity and believe that you can meet the expectations, we encourage you to apply.