Facilities Operations Analyst Caltech Job Category:
Fulltime Regular Exempt Overtime Eligible:
Overtime Eligible Benefits Eligible:
Caltech is a world-renowned science and engineering institute that marshals some of the world's brightest minds and most innovative tools to address fundamental scientific questions. We thrive on finding and cultivating talented people who are passionate about what they do. Join us and be a part of the diverse Caltech community. Job Summary
Reporting to the Manager of Service and Process, the Facilities Operations Analyst will play a key role in the department's customer service, human resources, Integrated Work Management System (IWMS), and payroll activities. This position will be the liaison to Caltech's Human Resources department for payroll reporting, compensation review, job advertising, job description review, and onboarding new hires.
The analyst will support Facilities Operations' time-off tracking, timecard posting, resolving timecard issues in Kronos, as well as support budget and finance activities with the Facilities Finance group. Additionally, the analyst will support employee training systems and track certifications and licenses in the IWMS. The FO Analyst will support the Facilities Service Center in all aspects of customer service including processing work requests, supporting recharge and billing transactions, events, shutdown notifications, and answering emails and phones. The ideal candidate possesses an exceptional attention to detail, is passionate about providing excellent customer service, and has a commitment to continually improving the department's processes and services. Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for payroll reconciliation.
- Manage budget-related reports and reconcile financial transactions between Facilities Finance, shops, and customers.
- Maintain Shop labor rates in IWMS.
- Liaise between facilities and HR to process all employee transactions.
- Maintain petty cash account, collect, and distribute appropriate funds, prepare, and submit deposits to credit union for facilities and provide monthly reconciliations tofinance and post cost recovery in IWMS.
- Maintain cash sales log and reconcile with Credit Union accounts.
- Submit UPS bills to Techmart for payment weekly, billing charges to campus.
- Manage external monthly charges for Rubbish Billing for Grounds Director.
- Bill out monthly elevator auxiliary charges.
- Create job requisitions in Taleo.
- Provide excellent customer service by processing AiM work orders, shut down notifications, events requests, IWMS and mobile device support, capital project support, answer emails and phones.
- Serve as designated as a PCard holder for facilities making appropriate purchases and preparing travel arrangements for Facilities Operations staff.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- 5 years of experience using enterprise-level operations systems, such as Integrated Work Management Systems (IWMS), or 3 years' experience using Caltech-specific systems such as AiM, OBI, Kronos, Concur, Oracle, or Taleo.
- Proven track record of responsibly handling sensitive employee information.
- Proficient in Microsoft products, such as Power Point, Outlook, Word and Excel, and Teams.
- 5 years of providing excellent customer service in Facilities or similar service-based industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience providing administrative support to a large team.
Required Documents To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://hr.caltech.edu/work/job_openings We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor's or master's Degree in applicable field.
- Proficiency using AiM IWMS, OBI, Kronos, Concur, Oracle, Taleo.
- Applicable certifications in Customer Service, Human Resources, or Learning Management.