About Rivian: Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations. Role Summary:
The Shop Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating and distributing all tasks related to vehicle service in a Service center shop environment. That person is also in charge of preparing the work schedules and monitoring the work in progress in the shop. The ideal candidate will possess the technical acumen and the ability to work alongside the Service teams and manage all shop tasks and repairs. They would have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and have a natural ability to bring people together. If you can think quickly on your feet and love to solve operational problems, then we want you on the team. You will be front and center working with our technical team every day to assist with service needs and coordinate timely repairs. This role will require a dynamic and resourceful individual who will foster cross functional interaction and champion a culture of continuous improvement to support Service teams and customers within a Service center.
- Efficiently and promptly distribute work orders and/or job assignments from customers to technicians, ensure the technicians are paired with work orders that match their skill level
- Maintain constant communication with Managers, shop leads and service advisors about the status of each vehicle in the shop
- Track, and monitor productivity and efficiency in shop by ensuring technicians stay on pace for work distributed. Work with shop lead to ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Plan incoming appointments, manage accurately the workload based on planned capacity
- Assist with resolving any issues or challenges that arise during completion of the work, communicate effectively with the required parties to find solutions
- Book the appropriate technicians for the hours worked on the operations performed. Be a liaison between the technician, service advisor, shop lead, and department management
- Informing all stakeholders of schedule changes or necessary adjustments in repair time of completion as they occur
- Relaying work orders, messages, and information to or from technicians, service advisors and other team members
- Review parts availability, vehicle holds, and accuracy of technicians work order notes
- Support Manager with daily meetings to motivate the team and present them with the various performance indicators’ results
- Establish the equipment maintenance schedule
- Keep the workshop in order and distribute maintenance tasks
- Promote and ensure compliance of health and safety rules and procedures at work
- HS Diploma or GED preferred
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a dispatch role or similar in the Automotive industry (Automotive experience preferred but not required) or a combination of education and experience.
- Basic technical knowledge of automotive vehicles is a plus
- Strong understanding of written and spoken English
- Very strong communication skills. Ability to clearly communicate with others, to assimilate and understand information, in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
- Remains flexible and responsive to changing conditions. Exhibits patience, empathy, attention to detail, and a passion for problem-solving
- Organizational and time management skillswith a strong ability to multitask
- Able to manage deadlines and make informed decisions quickly
- Great attitude with a high-energy personality, excellent customer service skills, and able to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an ability to translate customer needs
- Basic mathematics skills to prepare and transact estimates and payments
- Frequent use of hands for purposes of grasping and using tools correctly, entering data, writing communications, or calling customers or internal partners
- Ability to see, read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions or schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a team environment
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
- Strong computer skills, knowledgeable in a computerized customer environment
- Positive attitude with a problem-solving mindset
- Ability to work night shift if required
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting or standing for up to 8 or more hours a day, walking, bending, kneeling, laying, twisting, carrying, reaching, stretching, pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 50 lbs).
Company Statements: Equal Opportunity
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]. Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.