October 17, 2023 was when the job opportunity for the Global Travel Program Manager position was made available, and it will expire on January 15, 2024. American Express Global Business Travel is accepting resumes for full time positions. Although the vacancy is currently based in United, the company may consider applicants from other areas. The successful candidate for this job will receive a salary of $92,000 - 118,000 / year.
Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey. American Express Global Business Travel is dedicated to helping its clients realize the greatest possible value from their investment in travel through increased cost savings, outstanding customer service and greater spend control and provides travel management consulting expertise, strategic sourcing and supplier negotiation support around the world As part of the Global Business Consulting organization, the TPM (Travel Program Management) practice line is one of the fastest growing organizations within that group, aspiring to provide value by driving strategic and operational travel management on behalf of our customers. Recently, one of financial services customers has signed a new agreement to implement an outsourced travel management support role based in the USA, and therefore searching for a qualified, outsourced, operational team member. This role is very visible as it supports all levels of financial managers to top level Executive Partners that travel globally, and frequently, for this very established financial organization. Job Responsibilities Include:
The successful candidate will have:
- Provide strategic advice to business stakeholders under the direction of and in partnership with the Travel Owner;
- Program optimization: finding new areas for potential improvements on service and savings
- Organize and participate in preparation of management information results including recurring and ad-hoc reporting requirements for stakeholders
- Take an active approach to identifying policy and program enhancement opportunities, that are aligned with business objectives, to the Travel Owner for future consideration
- Handle and coordinate resolution
- Support the Travel Owner in supervising TMC service delivery against contracted SLAs / key account metrics and actions required to address under-performance
- Supervise TMC response to day-to-day business disruptions (e.g. strikes, minor weather delays, airline system outages, visas and private jets)
- Perform specific vendor management activities for targeted categories in region (e.g. ground transportation, rail, corporate apartments) under the direction of the category owner
- Provide oversight for transformation projects run and delivered by the TMC in support of achieving key business priorities
- Present and implement innovative solutions that support the customers overall business objectives
- Coordinate and lead communications, progress, consistencies, and best practices in performing tactical / operational travel management activities for a selected number of countries
- Provide regular and detailed communication on progress against performance targets including customer service level agreements.
- Assume responsibility for service consistency across the region and for continuous improvement driving the change agenda from strategy to actions
- Strong leadership, ability to comfortably work and communicate with senior leaders and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Business Travel background required.
- Demonstrate experience in strategic planning and analytics to create innovative solutions to business challenges with strong change leadership skills.
- Strong analytical and project management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize track and deliver results with detailed focus on accuracy
- Excellent written/verbal skills, strong business presentation skills and technical skills.
- Fluent in English, additional language skills are preferred.
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to juggle multiple tasks, with excellent organization skills and careful attention to detail.
- Experience influencing and driving cultural change
- Communication — candidate must have a proven track record in both written and oral communications including writing high-level program documents, including policies and procedural documents.
- Candidate must be experienced in addressing senior leadership, driving change through the ability to communicate and “sell” the travel program’s value proposition.
- Leadership — candidate must have the ability to drive change through influencing skills and the ability to gain cooperation based on mutual goals and business objectives.
- Command Skills — individual must have experience and understand what it takes to be successful in a complex corporate environment, including the ability to identify and gain the support of key constituencies, champions across business units, etc. Individual must have experience managing conflicting styles, attitudes, etc. and not allowing them to detract from the vision and value proposition.
It's important to take some necessary steps when applying for jobs online to avoid job scams and fraudulent job postings. Job interviews via text or email should be approached with caution. Be cautious of job postings that promise large sums of money for very little work or experience. To avoid working for a company with a history of unethical or illegal practices, research its legal and ethical standards before applying for any job. If a job posting seems too good to be true, and requires payment upfront, it's probably a scam. Stay safe by avoiding job postings that require you to use your personal bank account for any transactions. Be cautious about providing personal information to potential employers, especially if it seems excessive or unnecessary. Confirm that the job posting is legitimate and the company is hiring by getting in touch with them. Don't be afraid to ask for references or more information about a company or position before applying for a job.
Location United States - Virtual Location
The US national annual base salary range for this position is from $70,000 to $140,000. The national range provided includes the base salary that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual base salary will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location. In addition to base salary, this role is eligible for our Annual Incentive Award plan, which rewards participants based on company and individual performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document. GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance
The #TeamGBT Experience Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement . What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;" please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
After reviewing all the requirements of this job listing carefully, it's time to make a decision. Have you done so? We encourage individuals who have carefully evaluated this job posting and feel that they can meet the expectations to apply for this job. Take the time to customize your application to the specific job requirements and qualifications. Please make sure to carefully evaluate if this job aligns with your personal and professional goals before applying. Nevertheless, if you're looking for other job opportunities, liquidscapes.info offers various other vacancies you might want to explore.