This job is in United, but since it's a remote job, you can work from anywhere you choose. December 22, 2023 is when the job offer for the Sabre Trained Travel Consultant position became available, and it will no longer be accessible after March 21, 2024. The salary for this job, for the person who is chosen, is $20 - 30. Are you interested in full time work? It's a possibility you might want to consider.
Amex GBT is a place where colleagues find inspiration in travel as a force for good and – through their work – can make an impact on our industry. We’re here to help our colleagues achieve success and offer an inclusive and collaborative culture where your voice is valued.
Ready to explore a career path? Start your journey. Create your journey at Amex GBT! Hours: Monday- Friday 8am- 8pm EST Pay range: $20-$29/hr As a Travel Counselor, you’ll join our highly skilled remote team, providing outstanding service to our corporate business clients. We’re most proud of our warm and inclusive culture, innovation in the travel tech space, internal promotions, and career advancement opportunities; most of our Traveler Care leadership started as a Travel Counselor, and you can find us in almost every other department at GBT! We’re excited for you to experience our values (People, Passion, and Progress) in action, and look forward to your application. What You’ll Do on a Typical Day
- Advise and arrange travel for corporate business customers (both individuals and groups)
- Conduct analysis and research on travel options, and pro-actively anticipate traveler needs to sell additional services
- Arrange and book domestic and international business travel, in a variety of complexity, for air, road, rail, and accommodations
- Use various Global Distribution Systems (GDSs), including Sabre, Apollo, Galileo and Amadeus. Training may be provided
- Ensure compliance to customers’ agreed travel policy, service provider policies, and regulatory requirements
- Use positive telephone service techniques and act on special customer requests
- Collaborate within your team to coach, mentor, and provide constructive feedback to improve service levels
We look forward to sharing more detailed job functions and key performance indicators during the interview process. What We’re Looking For
- Passion for excellence in client service, including proactive anticipation of needs
- Native GDS expertise (Sabre, Apollo, Amadeus and/or Galileo)
- Professional communication (written and verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Act with integrity, and look after personal traveler information
- Possess a strong understanding of the travel industry (background in business travel, leisure travel, or airline reservation)
- Resolving customer issues quickly and independently / with supplier
- Teamwork and openness to feedback
Our Traveler Care unit is a 24/7 operation. We have specific colleagues dedicated to the night shift, however, please be flexible and prepared to work afternoon shifts (12-8pm) and weekends.
Location United States - Virtual Location
The US national hourly wage range for this position is from $17.00 to $29.00 per hour. The national range provided includes the hourly rate that GBT expects to pay for the role. Actual hourly wage rate will be based on factors including the scope and complexity of the role and the successful candidate’s relevant experience, skills, knowledge, and work location. This role is eligible for an annual Performance Based Incentive, which rewards participants based on company performance. For information about our comprehensive US benefits programs and eligibility, please review our Benefits-at-a-Glance document. GBT 2023 Benefits-at-a-Glance
The #TeamGBT Experience Work and life: Find your happy medium at Amex GBT.
- Flexible benefits are tailored to each country and start the day you do. These include health and welfare insurance plans, retirement programs, parental leave, adoption assistance, and more.
- Travel perks: get a choice of deals each week from major travel providers on everything from flights to hotels to cruises and car rentals.
- Develop the skills you want when the time is right for you, with global tuition assistance, access to over 20,000 courses on our learning platform, leadership courses, and new job openings available to internal candidates first.
- We strive to champion Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in every aspect of our business at GBT. You can connect with colleagues through our global Inclusion Groups, centered around common identities or initiatives, to discuss challenges, obstacles, achievements, and drive company awareness and action.
- Wellbeing resources to support mental and emotional health for you and your immediate family.
- And much more!
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to age, gender identity (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, veteran status, citizenship or marital status. It is our policy to maintain an equal-opportunity environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias for our candidates, colleagues, clients and suppliers. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. Please, let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the hiring process. For more details, please consult GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement . What if I don’t meet every requirement? If you’re passionate about our mission and believe you’d be a phenomenal addition to our team, don’t worry about “checking every box;" please apply anyway. You may be exactly the person we’re looking for!
It's essential to give this job listing a careful read. Have you done so? We encourage you to carefully evaluate if this job aligns with your career goals and aspirations before applying. We welcome applications from individuals who are enthusiastic about this job opportunity and meet the requirements. The key to success in job applications is taking the time to ensure that your work is accurate and complete. Furthermore, if this job vacancy doesn't meet your expectations, liquidscapes.info has many other job vacancies to consider.