Lorton, VA Join our Talent Network
Facility Security Officer
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
Chenega MIOS supports the military, federal, and commercial entities at home and abroad. Together, the companies aligned under the MIOS SBU offer a diverse and complementary range of capabilities that strengthen our capacity for shared knowledge and mission-focused service to our customers.
TheFacility Security Officerwill provide industrial security support on all aspects of government security requirements, including maintaining minimum physical security requirements for operational facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist employees with the preparation of security clearance paperwork using the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) and Secure Web Fingerprint Transmission (SWFT) systems to ensure compliance and complete processing for forwarding to the government.
• Serve as the company's primary POC for Defense Information System for Security (DISS) and Army Centralized Contracts and Security portal (ACCS). Must be comfortable performing DISS duties, including initiating PSI, running PR Reports, in and out processing employees and consultants, sending, and receiving visit requests, interpreting person summaries for eligibility and access (security verification), submitting CSRs, etc. In ACCS, responsible for submitting New SCI Access requests, New Visit requests, transfer in status requests, etc.
• Coordinate collateral personnel security clearance requirements with the Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA).
• Coordinate additional security requirements such as Special Accesses, polygraphs, CAC, badge request/renewal, special access nomination, indoctrination and debriefing, and Counterintelligence pre-screening. This entails interfacing with government agencies, subcontractors, Program Managers, and candidates to track progress through the system and gather the required documentation.
• Review prime contract DD254 for compliance. Prepare and issue subcontract DD254.
• Process incoming and outgoing Visit Requests for classified visits and uncleared visits.
• Maintain a database of cleared employees, classified contracts, active consultants, subcontracting companies, badges issued, etc. Prepares and keeps personnel security files for cleared employees and consultants up to date. Utilized various DoD databases/systems associated with security processing (i.e., Access Commander, e-QIP, DISS, NISS, etc.).
• Respond as an on-call person for all alarm activations in the Chenega facilities.
• Maintain accountability of classified documents coming into or being sent from the facility.
• Provide courier authorizations to employees and briefings as needed.
• Prepare reports and notifications to appropriate government agencies as applicable government regulations require.
• Complete Company Self Inspection Review and upload completed inspections to NISS
• Keep senior management apprised of any security deficiencies or potential problem areas.
• Coordinate all security requirements with appropriate government agencies and interacts with their security staff to ensure the processing of requested actions.
• Serve as the Information System Security Manager (ISSM) for automated information systems that process classified information. Assist with preparing Automated Information System by Risk Management Framework (RMF) and maintain a system to ensure compliance with government-specified operational requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma required
o 2+ years of college is preferred
• 4+ years of combined security-related experience working at the corporate level of a government contractor and government (civilian or military) security, preferably requiring interaction with various government agencies in both the collateral and SCI environments
o Additional relevant experience may be substituted for formal education
• FSO Program Management Training for Possessing Facility
• Valid driver's license required
It's essential to keep in mind some critical elements when applying for jobs online to avoid scams and fraud. You should never have to pay for a job opportunity with a reputable employer. One of the most important things to do before applying for any job is to research the company to ensure that it's a reputable and trustworthy organization. Guard your personal information closely when applying for jobs online to avoid putting yourself at risk of fraud or identity theft. It's important to be aware of job postings that contain numerous spelling and grammar mistakes, as this could be a sign of a fraudulent job posting. Protect yourself from scams by only visiting the true liquidscapes.info website. If an employer is requesting an interview through unconventional methods, it's important to verify their legitimacy before proceeding. Be wary of job postings that make unrealistic promises or seem too good to be true. It is recommended to contact the company directly to confirm that the job is not a scam and that they are currently hiring. Don't provide any financial information to job posters until you've verified their identity and legitimacy.
• Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain an SCI
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines that require quick turnaround.
• Working knowledge of maintaining automated information systems.
• 25% travel may be required.
• Experience with standard computer software applications (word processing, spreadsheets, database, email), e.g., Microsoft Office.
• Experience with handling multiple concurrent workflows and meeting competing deadlines that may require quick turnaround.
• Practical experience in managing secure facilities (TS and below), under DCSA guidelines.
• Experience with DISS, and NISS.
• Experience with ACCS is preferred.
How you'll grow
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you.
Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives.
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News-https://chenegamios.com/news/
Tips from your Talent Acquisition team
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site -www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
Join our Talent Network
Employer: Chenega MIOS
Location: Lorton, Virginia
Industry: Government and Public Services
Hours: Full Time
If you have given this job vacancy careful consideration, now is the time to decide whether to take the next step and apply. If you are confident in your ability to fulfill the responsibilities and requirements of this job, we welcome you to apply. Remember that the recruiter is looking for candidates who are a good fit for the job - take the time to ensure your application accurately represents your qualifications. We want all applicants to feel confident and informed when deciding to apply for this job.