One of the necessary qualifications for this job vacancy is having passed High School. If you are successful in your application for this job, you will be given a salary of $17 - 22. Kitsap Regional Library has a variety of part time positions open for hiring. Although the position is based in Washington, the company is open to accepting applicants from other parts of the country who meet the specified qualifications. The job vacancy of Library Assistant (20 hr) - Port Orchard was released on December 2, 2023, and it will expire on February 29, 2024.
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (20 hr)
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 1123-58E
Kitsap Regional Library is looking for an enthusiastic individual who is energized by providing excellent external and internal customer service at the Port Orchard branch. We have a positive team that is highly motivated and very passionate about helping people. This position performs a wide range of circulation and customer service functions. General responsibilities include: staffing the circulation desk; checking in and out various library materials; issuing library cards; assessing or adjusting fines; administering patron accounts; preparing financial reports and providing direct assistance to patrons. This position reports to the Public Services Supervisor.
This posting may be used to fill up to two positions. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Under general supervision, while providing excellent customer service, performs a wide range of circulation and customer service related functions. Typical duties include: staffing the circulation desk, checking out/in various library materials, issuing library cards, assessing or adjusting fines, maintaining patron accounts, preparing money transmittal reports, processing periodicals, processing of shipment and bookdrops, mending library materials and providing direct assistance to patrons. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or GED plus one year experience in a service-oriented environment preferred.
*A resume and cover letter are required for all positions and may be uploaded or copy/pasted and submitted with your application.
BENEFITS & SALARY
Employees regularly scheduled 20 or more hours per week are eligible to participate in our medical, dental, vision, basic life, AD&D, long term disability insurance plans, health reimbursement arrangement (HRA), as well as our employee assistance program. Additionally, all employees regularly scheduled 20 or more hours per week receive 13 paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Full-time employees earn 15 days per year of vacation leave over the course of their first year, 12 days of sick leave, and 1 personal day each year. All accrued time off is pro-rated for part-time employees.
Before you proceed with your job search online, make sure to keep in mind these important elements to avoid scams and fraud. If a job posting requires payment for training or anything else, it's probably a scam. Employers who are serious about hiring will typically conduct interviews in person or over the phone, not solely via text or email. It's important to protect your personal bank account information when applying for jobs online. Keep your personal information safe by being cautious with job applications. Don't be afraid to ask questions or seek clarification about a job posting if you have any doubts or concerns. Researching the company's industry competitors and market position can help you assess its competitive advantage and growth potential before applying for any job. Be careful of job postings that claim to be for a -limited time only- or have an urgent deadline.
Kitsap Regional Library participates in the Washington State Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Employees are automatically eligible for the plan if they work a minimum of 16.25 hours per week (or 70 hour per month) during five months per year for two consecutive years.
Compensation range is $17.43-23.43 per hour. Offers to new employees are expected to be between $17.43 and $17.96 depending on required and relevant experience and in alignment with internal equity. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are representative and do not include all specific tasks an incumbent may be expected to perform: DUTIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Perform all activities associated with the circulation function of Kitsap Regional Library including: all transactions pertaining to the Integrated Library System (ILS), money transmittal and circulation reporting, administering library policies, procedures and services, providing excellent and welcoming customer service in person, online, and over the telephone, assessing and/or adjusting fines and fees for damages, late returns, lost materials and other issues.
- Respond to patron requests for information and direction, referring to other qualified staff as appropriate. Assist patrons with basic reference information in accordance with library Reference Guidelines. Assist patrons in accessing computer programs such as email and using the Internet. Assist with current and emerging library technology. Respectfully respond to patron complaints or concerns within established guidelines.
- Assist in promoting library programs, information, services and materials.
- Assist with periodicals processing, design of displays and other library promotional and informational materials.
- Perform basic Paging responsibilities as needed, such as shelving, processing of shipment and bookdrop.
- Assist with collection maintenance (under supervision), mending of books, periodicals, media and other materials, as needed.
- Provide oversight for branch operations in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Prepare the library for opening and securing the library at closing.
- May on occasion assist with training, programming and scheduling of staff.
- Maintain a clean, welcoming and safe library environment.
- Support volunteers as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to provide excellent, efficient customer service to all patrons, staff and volunteers, in a fast paced public environment.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction or supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with library staff, patrons and volunteers.
- Ability to handle money, give correct change and prepare money transmittal reports required for the cash register.
- Ability to sort and file alphanumerically and to perform basic mathematical computations, including ability to navigate the Dewey Decimal System.
- Ability to perform financial procedures using the ILS system and cash register.
- Ability to access and utilize staff Intranet resources.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to follow detailed written or verbal procedural instructions accurately, with willingness to seek clarification.
- Ability to acquire and effectively implement knowledge of library policies and procedures and to use independent judgment to resolve circulation and patron problems within established guidelines.
- Ability to work a schedule that may change periodically, including evenings and weekends. Willingness to being flexible to meet the needs of the Library.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is required to:
- (CONTINUOUS) seeing, talking, walking, hearing, standing, bending, grasping, reaching, handling and manual dexterity.
- (FREQUENT) sitting, kneeling, stooping, crouching, twisting, squatting, keyboarding and repetitive motion of hands/wrists.
- (OCCASIONAL) climbing, crawling and balancing.
- Must be able to sort, unpack, lift and maneuver up to 50 pounds regularly and occasionally in excess of 50 pounds.
- Regularly requires the ability to push, pull and maneuver a loaded book cart (20 pounds of push/pull force) on a frequent basis over an extended period of time.
Listed below are expectations of all library employees:
- Excellent customer service for patrons and co-workers.
- Knowledge and support of Kitsap Regional Library's principles of intellectual freedom.
- Knowledge and support of Kitsap Regional Library's policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing information, technology, work procedures and library services.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in dealing with patron and/or employee records.
This is a part time, non-exempt 20 hour per week position. The schedule will be determined by the supervisor upon hire and will include weekends and evenings. Please note that schedules are subject to change to meet the needs of the library. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
To apply for this position and future positions, please visit our website at KRL.org and select "Careers" located at the bottom of the page. This position is open to current employees, volunteers and the general public and will remain open through December 3rd, 2023.
Should you need an accommodation and/or assistance with the application process please email .
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Take the time to carefully review the job posting to ensure you meet all the necessary qualifications. Don't sacrifice accuracy and completeness in your job application in favor of speed – take the time to do it right. If you are confident in your qualifications and experience, we welcome you to apply for this job posting. It is important to us that all applicants have a clear understanding of the job requirements and responsibilities before applying. With that being said, there are other job vacancies on liquidscapes.info that might offer more growth opportunities.