Post under heading: Part-Time Positions
Job Title: Library Aide, Part Time
Job Posting Category: Part Time
Application Deadline: The application deadline for this position is December 11, 2023.
Contact: Emily Hampton Hanes
Salary: This position will be placed on the College hourly salary scale, Grade 3 with a minimum starting salary of $16.21 per hour. Description
Pay Grade: 3 (minimum starting hourly rate is $16.21)
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt JOB SUMMARY
Responsible to assist in providing service to library patrons at circulation desk and via phone and e-mail and general assistance in library as directed. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Library and Head of Public Services. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides circulation desk services in person, via phone and email
- Receives and reconciles payments related to patron fines, overdue/damaged materials, and copier services
- Provides Photo ID’s for students
- Performs general office/library duties as assigned
- Pulls and shelves books and returned items
- Assists with inventory
- Helps compile statistics, research current textbook requirements, and physically process reserve items and serials
- Prepare adjunct packets for orientations
- Troubleshoots printer/copier issues
- Assists with training student workers
- Open and close library as required
- Performs other duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience in an office/library setting
- Experience with office equipment (copier/fax/scanner etc.)
- Knowledge of or aptitude to be trained in Polaris Integrated Library System (to check in/out materials)
- Computer experience (Microsoft Office)
- Organized and exhibits attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must be positive, cooperative, and supportive
The work is normally light work which requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force to move objects. Additionally, the following physical abilities are required:
- Hear/talk/communicate – Must be able to exchange information and communicate
- Visual Acuity - Ability to perceive or detect surroundings
- Mental Acuity – Able to focus, concentrate, understand, and convey subject matter
- Repetitive motion (i.e., keyboarding)
- Stand/sit/walk/able to move or traverse from one area to another
College campus, direct contact with students, staff, faculty and the general public in classrooms, common areas, offices, and campus environments. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as office, meeting, and training rooms; use of safe workplace practices with office equipment; computers for data entry and word processing; avoidance of trips and falls; observance of fire and building safety regulations; observance of traffic laws when/if driving a college vehicle; and observance of College policies. Hours may vary as assigned by supervisor (generally 15-20 hours per week).
Carroll Community College has the right to revise this position description at any time, and this position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Directions to Apply
Interested applicants must submit a resume emailed.
The application deadline for this position is December 11, 2023.
To qualify for employment, selected candidates must
- successfully complete a criminal background check (for designated positions)
- be able to work on campus as of the first day of employment
- be a resident of DE, MD, PA, VA, WV, or DC as of the first day of employment
- be currently authorized to work in the US, as the College does not offer Visa sponsorships
- complete an employment application upon request, prior to progressing through the initial interview process
Carroll Community College is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Carroll Community College is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.