COBS Bread has a variety of full time job opportunities, but ensure that the work structure aligns with your long-term career goals before you apply. This job also requires that you have work experience in the same field for a minimum of 36 months. You have the possibility to negotiate your salary with the employer based on the company's performance in the industry. The employer is looking for a skilled worker in Westport, but is open to considering applicants from other locations. December 5, 2023 marked the opening of the job opportunity named District Manager, CT USA, which will end on March 4, 2024.
Reports to: Vice President, USA
Location: Fairfield County, CT
This is a unique opportunity to become a part of a well-established, internationally-loved 40 year-old business-- at the ground floor. But wait a minute—how is that possible?
With over 160-170 bakeries across Canada and 500 through Australia and New Zealand, COBS Bread and Bakers Delight is the world’s largest bakery franchise. We are now planning our expansion into the Northeastern United States. This is where you come in.
We are looking for a District Manager who resides in or around Fairfield County, Connecticut, to join our Operations Team and support the bakeries in the USA. This hands-on position will work closely with the COBS Bread Support Team to ensure retail bakeries are operating to COBS Bread’s leading standards of providing top quality, fresh baked bread and treats, as well as a great customer service experience.
Training will take place in Stamford, Connecticut and 6 to 8 weeks in Toronto, Canada. The District Manager’s portfolio will start with a few locations and will rapidly grow with the brand’s expansion over the first 1-3 years.
Frequent travel in the North Eastern USA will be required.
If you’re passionate about being part of a start up with an awesome family-owned company whose passion is bread and giving back – then apply for this ‘roll’! Responsibilities include
- Lead, coach and act as an advisor for a group of bakery teams
- Liaise with and assist the Training team to coordinate, facilitate and assist with franchisee training and onboarding for incoming franchisees and their teams using nationally developed resources and program
- Liaise with and assist the Compliance team to assess and provide effective oversight of compliance with 5-Star standards in the bakeries
- Collaborate as needed with Support Team departments to launch new programs as well as monitoring established programs that contribute to bakery operator performance improvement and growth
- Be hands on in the opening of new bakeries and building of the brand across the North East
- Drive operational excellence in order to maximize sales, profitability and customer satisfaction
- Ensure successful implementation of COBS Bread’s marketing, product and systems initiatives and improvements across a number of retail bakery locations
- Work hands-on with each bakery operator to analyze opportunities for improvement, develop action plans and improve their COBS Bread businessess
When searching for jobs online, it's important to be aware of some key factors to avoid wasting your time on scams and fraudulent job postings. Beware of job listings that require you to pay for access to a database of job leads. Avoid sharing sensitive personal information with potential employers until you have established their legitimacy and trustworthiness. Make sure that the job posting is genuine and the company is hiring by contacting them directly for confirmation. To avoid any potential harm, check that you are on the legitimate liquidscapes.info website before proceeding. Your personal bank account information is private and should not be shared with potential employers through job postings. If a job interview seems unprofessional or informal, it may be a red flag. Don't be fooled by job postings that promise large amounts of money for minimal effort or experience, as they are often scams or fraudulent opportunities. To avoid wasting time and effort on illegitimate job postings, research the company before applying for any job. If you have any doubts or concerns about a job posting, it's always best to do some research before proceeding.
How can you contribute to this adventure? You bring:
- A high-energy, positive attitude with the ability to quickly develop trust and meaningful relationships
- 3+ years years’ managerial experience, ideally in the food service, hospitality or franchise industry
- Skilled in analyzing financial results and performance metrics, and translating strategic concepts into actionable plans
- Valid passport and driver’s licence; willingness to travel frequently and spend time ‘in the field’ rather than behind a desk
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to influence others in order to affect change and drive constant improvement
- A good tolerance for multi-tasking and managing competing priorities;
- Can work autonomously, take risks and exercise sound judgement with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, problem- solving and conflict resolution skills
What’s in it for You
- Competitive salary, and vacation plan
- Both individualized and a company-wide bonus plans
- A great Healthcare plan - Medical and Dental
- Paid sick and personal leave days
- Subsidized wellness program, and paid day for mental health or volunteer time
- An open, ‘continuous-learning’ environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged
- Work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit and fun-loving team
- High level of autonomy and responsibility
- Be part of rapidly growing company with a product you can be genuinely proud of!
More About COBS Bread
COBS Bread is a unique, well-loved bakery business. Everything we sell at our bakeries is baked fresh that day. At the end of the day, leftover products are donated to local charities. The brand is well-established with more than 160 locations across Canada and plans to continue growing fast to become a household name across North America.
The company’s success can be attributed to the quality of our product, the development of our people, and our warm and friendly customer service—in addition to a business model where giving back to the community every day is built-in. (In Canada in 2022, we donated over a retail value of over $70 million in bread to local charities.)
We thank all applicants for their interest in COBS Bread but would like to advise that only applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, affectional preference, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status regarding public assistance, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
If you have evaluated the potential for work-life integration within this job opportunity, now is the time to make a decision. We want to ensure that all applicants have a clear understanding of the job requirements and responsibilities before applying. The more thorough and accurate your job application is, the more likely you are to be considered for the position. If you believe that you are the right fit for this job, we encourage you to submit your application and demonstrate your skills.